Sunday, June 21, 2009

Missin' My Pop

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

I was so blessed to have my father in my life and I miss him a lot since he's left this Earth for his home in Heaven.


His resting place in Windber, PA


What a cute kid he was!


From a 1955 family portrait


Pop and me in Dublin, Ireland

Lakes of Killarney 1971


Me and my Pop having a few laughs - Chicago, IL


Mom took this photo of Pop in NYC when they were on their honeymoon in 1948. (He was 22 years old - same age my daughter is now.)

3 comments:

  1. hi Eileen~!~what a wonderful group of photos of your father. seeing them made me feel sentimental about my father~!~i especially love the one of you and him laughing~!!~ and i just love the patina of vintage photos.
    i also just happened to notice that your father's birthday is the same as mine (March 25)~!~
    i miss my father too.

    :)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the photo in NYC. It reminds me of my city days. Happy Father's Day to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My he was handsome! The one picture looks like it could be from an ad in the 50s with his big smile!

    ReplyDelete